Tuesday, August 31, 2010

2010 - 2011

2010 - 2011

Welcome to another exciting year. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my students. I have been working in my room for about two weeks now. That's right, I reported to work early. "The early bird always gets the worm." I have been cleaning, organizing, and planning for my students.

This year our district's goal is based around three common goals: Rigor, Relevance, and Relationships. I can't wait to to meet the new first graders of what I know is the BEST school in Richmond, Southampton Elementary School.

I will be teaching Reading and Social Studies to two sets of students and my colleague will be teaching that same group of students, Science and Math in Spanish. We are participating in the Spanish Immersion Program. This is where the students are taught Math and Science content in Spanish. There are only two schools in our district who are piloting this program. We have seen much success with this program so far. Last year we had this program in kindergarten and first grade. However, this year it will only be done in first and second grade.

My personal goal is to increase my classroom parental and community involvement as well as strenthen our school wide volunteer program and participation in all the programs we coordinate. If you have any ideas of programs you are interested in, need help with , or would like to see our school support, please let me know.

Thank you and I look forward to a FANTASIC 2010 - 2011 First Grade Year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment